Monday, January 28, 2008

But I do like the cold. I didn't say anything bad about the cold...I just said it was cold. Very, very cold.

Granted, even for aficionados like me, -38 is a little extreme. It's warmed up considerably. We're going to break freezing today. It's actually shockingly, almost unpleasantly warm.

However, we do still have 3 feet of snow on the ground - we got about 4 more inches last night. The facilities people have sculpted the snow into elaborate hills and bunkers alongside all of the sidewalks and in the parking lots that make it seem more like 4-5 feet of snow.

Fortunately it doesn't deter our students from their hard-earned right to park on campus.

3 comments:

EJP said...

THAT is an awesome picture.

Dr. PotatoHead said...

Thanks. I actually think it looks more impressive in real life, but I cropped the other cars' license plates out of the picture.

Dr. PotatoHead said...

Oh! And guess what's under all that snow?





A handicapped parking sign.