Sunday, June 20, 2010

Knittin' in Nigeria





Between the different concept of time and the Lagos traffic, I got a fair bit of knitting done in Nigeria. I did manage to forget to pack any patterns so I had to make them up as I was going along.


Here are some snaps of my projects, starting with a pair of hairnets for my first host's daughters Hafeeza (shown) and Halima.








Here Ben (a member of the incoming Rotary GSE committee) models the hat I made for his 6-month old son. (I also made some booties, but didn't get a snap.)

Ben actually managed to keep the hat balanced on his head for quite a while, despite walking around, texting, and talking at the same time.









Fortunately Chimizie (another member of the committee) didn't try to model the dress I made for his one-year-old daughter.


There's not really any scale here - that's Tim's natively attired elbow to the left.




I also made a couple of things for myself as well including a new camera case:



and a pair of slippers: