Thursday, October 25, 2007

Morning walk

The campus is on the Eastern edge both of town and of the basin, and the science building is on the Eastern edge of campus. Very convenient for the hiking trails up into the hills. Since my commute has shrunk to a 5 minute walk, I try to trot up there a few times a week.

If I start getting really homesick, I'll have to record inane cell phone chatter for my ipod and bring along a 'regular' Dunkies coffee to spill on my feet.


This view is of town with the palisades on the other side of the basin. This picture was taken pretty early in October - see the pretty yellow aspens?




These mountains are the West Elks - they run north of town on the west up towards Crested Butte. And yes, they seem to be full of elk. Mmmmmmm....elk.

4 comments:

EJP said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. Nice bloggage. Even if you do have the same background as sievkins.blogspot.com

Dr. PotatoHead said...

Oh, dear. I hadn't remembered that.

Well, it's one of the preset options so it's not really plagiarism.

Unknown said...

wait, you don't have dunkie's out there do you?

Dr. PotatoHead said...

No. I'd have to import it.

(Gunnison doesn't even have a Starbucks.)