Saturday, November 24, 2007

Turkey Basement

Here Mr. PotatoHead and his parents, Kartoffel and Lefse, admire his busy afternoon's work on the Thanksgiving turkey.

Mr. PotatoHead went on to wield that knife he's sharpening to carve up the turkey using a spiffy new method from the New York Times. Evidently you remove each breast as a whole blob of meat and then cut slices off of that. It's easier than cutting directly off the carcass, if less dramatic.


It does look very pretty on the table next to china. I still love that pattern. Granted, it's not entirely logical to own a set of dishes you only use 2-3 times a year, but they are lovely.

Actually, in this shot there are two set of china represented - the Waterford Seville is our wedding china and the Rosenthal is from Mr. PotatoHead's Tante Lotte. I like 'em both.

You may be asking yourself what the heck Dr. PotatoHead brings to the table, and you'd be correct to do so. Be assured that I can set the table correctly more than 50% of the time, and I make a mean centerpiece. All the stuff in the pineapple bowl was grown on our majestic 0.05 acre estate.


In all seriousness, while Mr. PotatoHead was slaving away in the kitchen I was painting the basement. Not as nifty-looking as the turkey, but considerably more waterproof. And we need it...here's a picture of the basement after I'd patched one of cracks and started the painting.

And here's the finished corner.

2 comments:

Alena said...

Yea! Dr. Potatohead got to go home for Turkey Day and see Mr. Potatohead!!! I hope you had a wonderful visit - wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean!

Dr. PotatoHead said...

Yes, I shredded the reciepts and filed our bank statements. Is that what you mean?