Thursday, January 7, 2010

First steps

Despite the yarn focus of yesterday's post, I also have too much cloth and embroidery floss and thread and cross-stitch fabric. And projects that I started but never finished. And little bits of other random craft crap, mostly left over from Sunday school projects.

In honor of the season, my first project was to finish up some cross-stitched ornaments that I made years ago but never actually finished. Here they are on the Corey-Olson tree:






The third picture involves very little cross-stitch...unless you look closely at the cuff of the mitten. But I had the little blanks left over from a church project and some random acrylic paint. I also had some leftover attempts at Hardanger embrodiery - the pink thing glued to the middle of the big snowflake and the thing that looks a little like a cross but was supposed to be a snowflake. And the cuff on the mitten was from a test piece I did for a larger thing I did for my mother. So good all around.

No comments: